Deer are unpredictable

Some initial hints for drivers to reduce risk of deer vehicle collisions:
Do take note of deer warning signs, by driving with caution at or below the posted speed limit. Such signs really are positioned only where animal crossing are likely.
Peaks in deer related traffic collisions occur October through December, followed by May. Highest-risk periods are from sunset to midnight followed by the hours shortly before and after sunrise.
Be aware that further deer may well cross after the ones you have noticed.
After dark, do use full-beams when there is no opposing traffic. The headlight beam will illuminate the eyes of deer on or near a roadway and provide greater driver reaction time. BUT, when a deer or other animal is noted on the road, dim your headlights as animals startled by the beam may ‘freeze’ rather than leaving the road.
Don't swerve to avoid hitting a deer. If a collision with the animal seems inevitable, then hit it while maintaining full control of your vehicle. The alternative of swerving into oncoming traffic or a ditch could be even worse.
Only break sharply and stop if there is no danger of being hit by following traffic. Try to come to a stop as far in front of the animals as possible to enable it to leave the roadside without panic.
Report any deer-vehicle collisions to the police (who should be able to contact the local person best placed to assist with an injured deer at the roadside)
Finally, remember to .. WATCH OUT FOR WILDLIFE

What kind of damage did this one do?

Minnesota's Department of Public Safety does give information what to do if you have hit a deer. Dawn and dusk is the most likely time to have an accident with a deer. If you have hit a deer call 911. The law enforcement officer will come out and determine your damages. Also they can issue a permit if you want to legally transport the deer away from the scene for your own use. And don't forget we are your choice for auto body repair in Brainerd Minnesota.

I hit a deer in Central Minnesota. Does insurance cover the collision or do we? Would this be a case of a run away cart? We do not have any control over a deer. Deer came out of no where. Was driving 50-55 in a 55 zone. Do you think the Insurance company should waive the collision? If we were driving in traffic with other cars around we know that we could be in a accident but out in no where a deer runs out. I feel we should not have to pay the collision. Please let me know what you think?

If you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle it should be covered for the damage done to your vehicle from hitting the deer. Comprehensive covers losses due to falling objects, fire and colliding with a bird or animal. Collision coverage is what you would use if your car was hit by a run away shopping car since that coverage covers being hit by another vehicle or object.

Typically your deductible for your comprehensive coverage would apply. You can ask and see if your insurance company will waive it. In some states collisions with wildlife is covered by the state or the state asks the insurance company to waive the deductible amount, but I could not find this to be true for Minnesota.